Mechanism Alumni Association Cell
Alumni association often organizes social events, publish newsletters or magazines, and raise funds for the organization. Many provide a variety of benefits and services that help alumni maintain connections to their educational institution and fellow graduates. Additionally, such groups are often support new alumni, and provide a forum to form new friendships and business relationships with people of similar background. Alumni association involve in activities such as: to contribute for the development of institute and its alumni through improvement and development of educational strategies and programs; provision of financial and material support; and enhancing networking and career development among the alumni.
Alumni association is assisting institute in following ways:
- Provide support to the library by donating the library resources.
- Advice on the improvement of educational strategies and programs.
- Alumni are acted as resource person for seminars, conference, lecturers
- Alumni are also assisting in accommodating fresher’s for industrial training, training of faculty, demonstration of sophisticated instruments etc.
- Alumni are also assisting in placement of fresher’s, getting samples of drugs & fine chemicals, PG projects, MOU with industry etc.
- Alumni are also helping students by encouraging & motivating by sponsoring awards, scholarships, Assistance-ships, sponsoring social & academic activities etc.
In initial stage, association is small & new & dependent on college authorities for its activity. As association grow larger, the cell is expected to train them & focus on the objectives such as (i) to contribute towards the improvement of the current as well as the development of new curriculum and programs of the institute; (ii) to raise financial and material resources for efficient and effective teaching and learning as well as the general well-being of students of the institute; (iii) to develop and help maintain active alumni interactions and enhance the image of the institute through self-enrichment, career development and role modeling in the society.
The cell is expected to assist association in organizing various schemes/events such as schemes for needy students, prizes, awards etc. & organizing career guidance programs, social & scientific events etc.
Evolve mechanism for documented process of feedback from alumni on course structure, infrastructural & other support systems & quality of educational practices opted by the institute & forwards these reports/observations to the Internal Quality Assurance Cell for their assessment.
- Maintain all relevant records such top ten alumni, entrepreneur alumni, Alumni working abroad, Alumni selected at higher positions in state/central government etc.
- Prepare budget for the cell for approval in the month of April & forward activity plan of next academic session for incorporation into Academic Planner.
- Report summary to the head of institute in the form of resources available, systems or mechanisms evolved & impact. Identify deviations from predetermined norms if any & incorporate statements in the summary report on possible remedies/ further actions.
- To keep a roster of all Alumni of college and their pertinent data.
- Maintaining the updated and current information of all Alumni.
- To encourage, foster and promote close relations among the alumni themselves.
- To promote a sustained sense of belonging to the Alma Mater among the Alumni by being in regular contact with them.
- To provide and disseminate information regarding their Alma Mater, its graduates, faculties and students to the Alumni.
- To assist and support the efforts of JNGEC in obtaining funds for development.
- To guide and assist Alumni who have recently completed their courses of study at the JNGEC to keep them engaged in productive pursuits useful to the society.
Roles and responsibilities
- Collection of all data of alumni like name, mob.no. Email id, job profile.
- Made regular contact with alumni for their improvement in society and Pharma field.
- To Make industry-institute interaction for better development of students
- To Arrange Guest lectures of alumni bridge gap between syllabus and actual industrial work as per regulatory bodies.
- Plan of to conduct yearly Annual alumni meet.
Norms for Constitution of Committee
- Principal as a President.
- One faculty member as a Vice-President.
- One faculty member as a Secretary/Treasurer.
- One faculty member as an assistant head.
- Other selective final year students as a members.