The Annasaheb Dange College of Pharmacy is one of the foremost technical Institute in Western Maharashtra, distinguished by its commitment to improving the human condition through advanced science and technology. Established in 2016 the college is affiliated to Shivaji University, Maharashtra and approved by AICTE, New Delhi, DTE, Mumbai, Govt. of Maharashtra and PCI, New Delhi.
ADCP's campus occupies 33 acres in the heart of the city of Ashta, Sangli, where 500 undergraduate and 250 Diploma students receive a focused, industry-based education of Pharmacy. At Annasaheb Dange College of pharmacy, we certainly believe that we can prepare the next generation for future. So, we emphasize the 4 C's: COMPETENCE | CONFIDENCE | COMMITMENT | COMPASSION
Applying to college is a thrilling experience, and we're thrilled that you're considering the Annasaheb Dange college of Pharmacy. We want to do everything we can to answer your questions, guide you through the admission process, and introduce you to ADCP.
ADCP offers a culture of academic excellence and opportunity, made all the richer by our diverse community of scholar-citizens and vibrant student life program.
Enhancing our students' educational experience is our beautiful campus. Visit ADCP, and discover for yourself why so many people love our campus and our community.
To be a leading institute that transform youth power into knowledgeable, skilled & competent pharmacy professionals.
To provide innovative environment, learning opportunities & experience for developing competent pharmacy professionals.
Long Term Goals:
- To evolve as an institute that personalizes the pharmacy education.
- To adapt best practices for setting standard, teaching & assessments.
- To foster efforts to inculcate & cultivate the spirit of research.
- To strengthen Industry-Institute interaction for training, placements, collaborative research and consultancy .
Short Term Goals:
- To ensure availability of infrastructure & physical facilities as per norms of apex bodies.
- To improve students’ performance in University & other competitive examinations.
- To prepare for & qualify academic quality audit (NBA) by 2022.
We value excellence, innovation, diversity in ideas & in community, academic integrity, freedom & transparency. We also value accountability of resources & responsiveness to changing needs & commitment to the quality education.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO's)
On successful completion of undergraduate (B. Pharm) program, the graduates shall be able do the following:
- 1. Conclusively demonstrate knowledge, skills, attitude & competencies for successful recruitment in various departments such as Pharmaceutical production, Pharmaceutical Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Pharmaceutical sales & distribution, Dispensing of medicine as Hospital or Community Pharmacist, Regulatory Affairs (as Drug Inspector), Academics (as Assistant Professor), Drug Information Services, Health Insurance, Medical Coding, Supply Chain Management, Forensic Sciences, Pharmacovigilance, Product Management Team, Central Drug Testing Laboratory (CDTL), Clinical Trials, Clinical Data Management, Indian Pharmacopeia Commission etc.
- 2. Realize the significance of higher education right from beginning of the program & thus prepare thoroughly for national level exams by stretching physical & intellectual capacities to its maximum level & also by judiciously using resources (human, time, money & learning materials) for successfully qualifying examinations such as GPAT, GATE, M. Pharm CET, MBA CET, CAT (MBA entrance) exam, MPSC, UPSC (Drug Inspector), Common Defense System (CDS) exam, Ph.D. Entrance Exam, GRE, TOEFL, IELTS etc.
- 3. Plan career as well as define career pathways by gathering necessary information & take correct decisions while opting for higher education (such as M. Pharm, MBA, M. Tech, M.S. etc) in Indian or Foreign Universities.
- 4. Plan & cultivate qualities for becoming successful entrepreneur from the beginning of program; Commence with small start-ups in following areas but not restricted to Retail or Wholesale Drug Store, Drug Information Services, Loan License Manufacturing, Cultivation of Medicinal & Aromatic Plants, Value-addition Natural Products, Manufacturing Unit of Medicinal & Cosmetic Products, Drugs & Food Testing Laboratory, Development of sustainable technology; Development of services for weaker & ignored sections of society by resolving their day to day problems.
- 5. Apart from personal monetary gains, participate voluntarily in public activities such as utilization of professional expertise, economic productivity, democratic processes, unity & social cohesion, human rights & peace, equity, equality & the absence of discrimination, & ecological sustainability.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO's)
- 1. Pharmacy Knowledge: Possess knowledge and comprehension of the core information associated with the profession of pharmacy, including biomedical sciences; pharmaceutical sciences; behavioral, social, and administrative pharmacy sciences; and manufacturing practices.
- 2. Thinking Abilities: Utilize the principles of scientific inquiry, thinking analytically, clearly and critically, while solving problems and making decisions during daily practice. Find, analyze, evaluate and apply information systematically and shall make defensible decisions.
- 3. Planning Abilities: Demonstrate effective planning abilities including time management, resource management, delegation skills and organizational skills. Develop and implement plans and organize work to meet deadlines.
- 4. Leadership skills: Understand and consider the human reaction to change, motivation issues, leadership and team building when planning changes required for fulfillment of practice, professional and societal responsibilities. Assume participatory roles as responsible citizens or leadership roles, whenever appropriate, to facilitate improvement in health and well-being.
- 5. Professional Identity: Understand, analyze and communicate the value of their professional roles in society (e.g. health care professionals, suppliers of pharmaceuticals, promoters of health, educators, business managers, employers, employees) through consideration of historical, social, economic and political issues.
- 6. The Pharmacist and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional pharmacy practice.
- 7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional pharmacy solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- 8. Ethics: Honor personal values and apply ethical principles in professional and social contexts. Demonstrate behavior that recognizes cultural and personal variability in values, communication and lifestyles. Use ethical frameworks, apply ethical principles while making decisions, and take responsibility for the outcomes associated with the decisions.
- 9. Communication: Communicate effectively with the pharmacy community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports, make effective presentations and documentation, and give and receive clear instructions.
- 10. Modern tool usage: Learn, select, and apply appropriate methods and procedures, resources, and modern pharmacy-related computing tools with an understanding of the limitations.
- 11. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change. Self-assess and use feedback effectively from others to identify learning needs and to satisfy these needs on an ongoing basis.
Our Salient Features
- Modern state-of-art laboratories.
- College bus service for students
- Placement in Reputed Industries
- Hostel Facility for Boys and Girls candidates.
- Dress code for faculty, students, staff.
- Well qualified & experienced faculty.
- Huge playgroud, beautiful and healthy campus.
- 40 Mbps leased line internet connectivity.
- On campus ATM Banking Facility.
- All Classrooms equipped with Multimedia Projector & CCTV Camera.
- S.T. bus upto College campus from Islampur & Sangli.